Many Inventors trying to bring their product ideas promote are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I offers a report on some of this reasons you should have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you can get rejected, but hopefully plans and ideas something start thinking about.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, patent invention you still need to undertake a good idea but you will discover that irrespective of how do you patent an idea good understanding you may believe it that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all the time. Even if it does not make sense to you that would likely reject a strategy that they agree that i see profitable. Below are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. They may already have a full-line of products and not looking to add somewhat more.
2. Makes use of is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent premise unsolicited without contacting vehicle first to find their submission policy, plus they also rejected it solely on that trigger.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your submission. (That is one of the actual mistakes Inventors make. The corporation will not bother to monitor you down.)
6. Include too many similar products and that marketplace is flooded plenty of.
7. Your idea appeals to a little niche market and would like mass market items.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment is just too high.
9. Revenue sheet did not WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with a lot information to sort with the aid of.
10. Your products has happened to be patented by someone else and they don’t want to find out if they goes around it or risk infringement trouble.
11. Your products or idea isn’t much better than what is definitely on the market. This tells them you did not research your idea very nicely and do not need a clue who other sellers is that are available.
12. You sent a machine that is exactly like their current product and that current device is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any benefit.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps on the downswing whenever compared with what is on its way out the following year.
14. They have a better solution than yours involving works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea although the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This happens a entire lot. Inventors forget that they aren’t ones inventing.)
15. They have received a similar idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. A person posted your idea unprotected online in a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to find out there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any patent protection properly allowed and turns it down in accordance to that give.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the functional prototype on youtube and have a significant connected with hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, whenever they begin a quick look on your patent they discover that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and features been lapsed significantly beyond the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There are any patent, and it was poorly written and also cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. You then have a design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, which means they should be expecting very little protection for sale.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t from outside ideas and doesn’t publicize everyone. So you get a rejection letter, but which are explain they just do not look right out of the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided to the line for that year or that the following year and are not open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review nicely item has never been in production or sold stores or online. So do n’t want to take the risk for being the first company to offer it.
As I stated above these are only a few within the reasons you can have your idea/product rejected along with a company. Really take period to plumbing service and understand your market, your place in that market and seek information part become worse yourself as marketable as we possibly Can i patent an idea.